MENToring at Lansing, Inc.’s purpose is to promote and environment of great academic motivation by facilitating peer-to-peer mentoring in order to foster academic success for all students in the Lansing School District. The organization’s assistance is available to all students, including both students who are struggling in classes and students who are passing, but would like higher grades or an enhanced understanding of a subject.
Mentoring at Lansing, Inc. became a not for profit registered 501(c)3 organization in August 2014. A board of directors has been established, holding quarterly meetings.
Ment@l Board of Directors
- Ellen Miller, Director
- Chris Pettograsso, Superintendent, Lansing Central School District
- Colleen Ledley, Principal, Lansing High School
- Jeffrey Evener, Principal, Lansing Middle School
- Mark W. Nelson, Ph.D., Eleanora and George Landew Professor of Management and Professor of Accounting, Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management at Cornell University
- Kristin Lewis, MBA, Community Member